On this page you will find helpful suggestions and easy things that almost anyone can change in their daily lives to conserve more water and save money. We have also included donation websites on the bottom, so you contribute to helping the worldwide issue of water deficits
What you can do
- Fix leaky faucets.- Leaky faucets dripping at the rate of one drop per second can waste up to 2,700 gallons of water each year.
- Adjust your sprinklers, so only the lawn is watered, not the house, sidewalk, or street-A sprinkler can use almost as much water in an hour as an average family of four uses in one day.
- Shut off the faucet while you brush your teeth- Running the faucet while brushing your teeth can waste 25 gallons of water a month
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk- So every time you decide to clean your driveway you are saving water, not wasting it.
- Turn off the water while you shave- you can save up to 300 gallons a month.
- Consider washing your face or brushing your teeth while in the shower, to save water and time.
- When back-flushing your pool, use the water on your landscaping
- Wash your pets outdoors in an area of your lawn that needs water to wash your pet and water your lawn at the same time!
- Remember saving water = saving money, so saving water benefits you AND your environment.
Where to Donate